It’s July 4th weekend coming our way! The weather here in the Northeast is looking fabulous and most of us are planning our holiday activities and ‘gettin’ outta Dodge’. Here are some healthy tips for a fantastic 4th:
- Use your sunscreen and reapply generously throughout the day.
- If you’re planning on a hike, use bug spray and check for ticks.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! You cannot get enough water. Don’t wait until you feel thirsty; this means that you are already dehydrated.
- Don’t drink and drive. The consequences aren’t worth the risks. If you see a motorcyclist (like me) on the road, give them some extra room.
- If you’re trying to lose some weight, or are on a special diet, bring your own food to your event. No one is looking at your plate, nor do they care. Eat well, but eat healthy. You’ll have a lot of fun and Tuesday morning, your body will thank you.
- Remember what the 4th of July is all about….rebellion against tyranny and independence to speak freely and live our lives democratically.
Have a great holiday weekend! I’m on the road again, so stay tuned for more adventures!