According to The Mayo Clinic: “Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to:
- Heart attack or stroke. High blood pressure can cause hardening and thickening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), which can lead to a heart attack, stroke or other complications.
- Aneurysm. Increased blood pressure can cause your blood vessels to weaken and bulge, forming an aneurysm. If an aneurysm ruptures, it can be life-threatening.
- Heart failure. To pump blood against the higher pressure in your vessels, your heart muscle thickens. Eventually, the thickened muscle may have a hard time pumping enough blood to meet your body’s needs, which can lead to heart failure.
- Weakened and narrowed blood vessels in your kidneys. This can prevent these organs from functioning normally.
- Thickened, narrowed or torn blood vessels in the eyes. This can result in vision loss.
- Metabolic syndrome. This syndrome is a cluster of disorders of your body’s metabolism, including increased waist circumference; high triglycerides; low high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol; high blood pressure; and high insulin levels. These conditions make you more likely to develop diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Trouble with memory or understanding. Uncontrolled high blood pressure may also affect your ability to think, remember and learn. Trouble with memory or understanding concepts is more common in people with high blood pressure.” (Source: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/basics/complications/con-20019580)
The National Institute of Health (NIH) published a paper with results of hypertensive patients who received regular acupuncture treatments and stated ” We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggest that acupuncture should be in the hypertension treatment guidelines and widely used for blood pressure regulation.” (Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23724695)
I treat many patients with hypertension on a regular basis. My Wellness Program works with each individual’s lifestyle and promotes healthy habits to not only keep their blood pressure stable but in many instances blood pressure levels become lower over time and stay there. Call or telephone the office today and schedule an appointment. It’s YOUR life…live long and healthy. email@example.com 917-701-7582