The Holiday Season is here and here are some happy and healthy tips to get you through the season healthier both physically and mentally.
- Stay in the Game: keep up with your exercise routine. Regular exercise during the holiday season keeps off added pounds and the endorphins the brain releases during a workout can help alleviate stress. Working hard at the gym always makes us feel better, sleep better and puts us in the mindset to make wiser nutritional choices.
- Think Green!: if you are invited to a pot luck event, prepare a dish that is not only delicious, but healthy as well. Sauteed tuscan kale in a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar served with toasted pine nuts on top is not only beautiful, but tasty. The anti inflammatory properties of dark leafy green vegetables are good for just about everyone and a nice change of a side dish. Dark leafy green vegetables are a wonderful complement to any type of protein or pasta. You’ll be surprised how quickly it disappears!
- Be Kind to Yourself: life should be about balance. Schedule time for a nice long hot bath, a massage, a ‘me’ day. Holidays can be quite stressful with various types of obligations and the stress can tax your immune system. No one wants to be sick during the holidays, so take a time out at least once weekly. Try a yoga class or a meditation app. Schedule a relaxing stress-busting acupuncture session – it could be the best hour you’ve had to relax and reset your mind, body and soul.
- Give a Gift of Love and Health to a Friend, Colleague or Someone you Love: gift certificates are available and make great holiday gifts for the people who have ‘everything’. Call of email the office today and order yours!
REGISTER FOR FREE AND VIEW ME AND OTHER EXPERTS
IN THE FIELD SPEAK….SHARE WITH EVERYONE WHO
Breast Cancer Rehabilitation & Wellness Online 2018/19
25 WAYS TO THRIVE
STARTS DECEMBER 1st
Help change lives for breast cancer survivors: They can be thrivers.
Register and share this with your breast cancer networks
Video presentations will be directed to both breast cancer survivors and health professionals.
This Summit program will roll out pre recorded video presentations for free access over 7 days (BCR&W ONLINE SUMMIT) from Dec 1 to Dec 8 Australian time.
AFTER THE SUMMIT:
1. There will be the option to purchase the entire program for your own personal viewing or to share on your website to your community throughout 2019: BCR&W ONLINE (2019)
2. You can access the entire Summit free from sponsor websites ( list will be available after Dec 8)